Friday, February 8, 2008

Paul Washer

Steve notes:
I have been blown away repeatedly by the sermons of this man, Paul Washer. He doesn't hold anything back and I hope he represents a new breed of preachers in America. Almost every sermon I've heard from him is so convicting I feel as though I've been kicked in the gut after I listen to them.

He is one of the men that has challenged me to dig into my Bible like never before as well as find out what pioneers of the church believed - Moody, Whitfield, Spurgeon, Luther instead of reading the self-help humanistic teachings of today's so-called Christian preachers.

Below are some videos of Paul Washer, a missionary and itinerant preacher.





Description taken from youtube on the video below, this is a little long but it's worth listening to every bit of it:

This is a Shockingly Powerful & Biblical message
preached to about 5,000 youth in a day when youth
are appealed to through shallow and worldly means.

At one point in this sermon the 5,000 Youth are
clapping and yelling BUT THEN the preacher makes
a comment that CHANGES THE WHOLE ATMOSPHERE TO
WHERE YOU COULD HAVE HEARD A PIN DROP... As you
can imagine, the preacher was never invited back.

We believe the whole sermon will be a blessing
to many souls. For more info about Paul Washer
go to www.heartcrymissionary.com




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paul Washer is an amazing man of God.

My sister pointed out your website to me; her husband (Trevor Peterson) is the guy who recommended the church in Canada to your buddy from the TV interview clip. Her church is the church where your buddy was saved.

I live in the DFW area and have a ministry which does street evangelism WoTM style. Check it out at: www.lostcauseministries.com. If you ever want to team up, please let me know.

Blessings,

Jon

Streetpreach in Texas said...

I was listening to the top PaulW sermons clip and this hit me in the head again...

"Do you tremble at his Word? or do you look for loopholes?"